As a community service, the library makes its meeting room available for use by nonprofit community groups when it is not being used for its primary purpose: library- related activities. Nonprofit community groups are defined and limited to "those groups which are located within or have their principle business address within the Borough of Waldwick." Permission to use the meeting room does not imply endorsement of any organization using the room.
The Waldwick Public Library and the Borough of Waldwick shall not be held responsible for any injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property in the use of the premises. Further, certificates of insurance naming the library as an additional insured may be required.
The sponsoring group/organization will be responsible for the provision of any specific non-facility ADA required accommodation, e.g. facilities for the hearing impaired.
All meetings must end 15 minutes prior to library closing.
Maximum capacity with tables and chairs: 42
Maximum capacity with chairs only: 91
Maximum capacity standing room only: 213
- The meeting room may be scheduled for no more than six months in advance. The meeting room may not be reserved by any one organization on a weekly basis. A "special use" permit will be considered to allow for limited consecutive weekly dates.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis upon receipt of a completed application.
- The library reserves the right to cancel or relocate any scheduled meeting if circumstances warrant.
- No admission charges, collections, tuition, sales (except for regular club dues) or other money-raising activities may be attached to use of the meeting room, unless approved by the Board of Trustees. Groups may charge attendees for the actual costs of a program, or accept voluntary donations for a charitable or educational cause.
- No organization or group shall use the Library as its official address, except the Library Board of Trustees and the Friends of the Waldwick Library.
- Storage of goods by organizations meeting at the Library cannot be accommodated.
- Groups with members under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor, who in turn must be present at the meeting.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in all areas of the Library.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in cancellation or refusal of future reservations.
- The conduct of meetings will be respectable and well governed.
- Excessive noise or use of hazardous materials is prohibited.
- Materials are not to be attached to walls, windows, doors, or furnishings except at the direction of authorized library staff.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the meeting room in order. If a particular configuration of tables and chairs is required, users are responsible for setting up and returning furniture to the proper locations within the room.
- Any damage to library property will be the group's responsibility.