- Can I make an appointment to have my passport application processed?
No. We do not take appointments at this time. Passport services are on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis.
- How long will it take to have my application processed?
In general, if you have all your paperwork in order and you have a straightforward application, the process will only take about ten minutes per application. Please refer to the instruction page on the website to see what information you will need to bring.
- Can I use a credit card?
No. The U.S. Department of State will accept checks or money orders. The Waldwick Library will accept checks, money orders or cash for the execution fee.
- Do I have to pay an execution fee no matter where I have my application processed?
Yes, all passport acceptance agencies charge a standard execution fee.
- Does the passport agent work for the library or the government?
The passport acceptance agents work for the Waldwick Public Library. They are certified as Acceptance Agents through the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs and participate in yearly training to maintain certification.
- When will I find the shortest wait time to apply for a passport?
In general, Saturdays are the busiest time. We recommend coming in on a weekday, during our evening hours.