For first-time customers and those ineligible to renew by mail.
We do not take appointments. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis.
Applicants must present a completed passport application, proof of United States citizenship, proof of identification, one regulation passport photo, and payment of applicable fees by check.
Please visit the home page of the U. S. Department of State, to review more detailed instructions and to download application forms or call the library at 201-652-5104 for more information.
DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION until you are before a passport application acceptance officer.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- A previous fully valid passport (may be expired).
- A certified birth certificate that bears the signature and seal
- Other certification of the registrar of vital records and shows the applicant’s full name, date and place of birth, the date the record was filed, and names of both parents
- Certification of Naturalization (issued by I.N.S.)
- Certificate of Citizenship (issued by I.N.S.)
- Consular Report of Birth (FS-240) issued by U.S. Consulate
- Certification of Report of Birth Abroad (issued by U.S. Department of State)
Proof of Identity - Photo ID Is Required
- Valid U.S. photo driver’s license
- Naturalization Certificate
- Government employee ID card
- Office Military ID card
- U.S. Passport
Present at least one passport photograph taken within the past 6 months, 2 x 2 inches in size. Photos should be in color, clear, front view, full face, with a white or off-white plain background. Photos should be taken in normal street attire without a hat or sunglasses. Uniforms are not permitted. Your photo should show your glasses if they are worn all the time.
The Waldwick Library Passport Agent will take one set
of photographs for a fee of $10.00.
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS ARE SENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Please be prepared to part with your original birth certificates and other official papers for as long as six weeks. They will be returned to you with the new passport.